Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thoroughly Modern Millie

by Dvorah

so. I went WAY out of my comfort zone yesterday. The Second Counselor in our Stake is John Miele. He literally used to perform on Broadway (once with Bernadette Peters). He asked Joe and myself to audition for a musical he is directing up here in Maine. Four times, he asked if I would audition for Millie, the lead role.

Now you girls know me well enough that you know I'm more of a back-stage kinda girl. Not an on-stage kind of girl. Still, I went last night and stood on stage in front of him, as well as the three producers and the music director, and sang, danced, and read lines from the show.

I am totally torn between thinking that I want the thrill of experiencing the part, and hoping they realized how incredibly lame I was and ask me to just help with the 1920's costumes...

2 comments:

  1. so is it a church play or by a company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a theater called Lyric Music Theater. They put on 4 shows a year. It's run by a board of directors. It just happens to have a show directed by an lds member in the fall!!!

    ReplyDelete